Saturday, August 20, 2016

Radioland Murders (1994)

Happy National Radio Day! Let's celebrate with one of the best - but often-overlooked - movies about the golden age of radio...




Radioland Murders is one of my all-time favorite movies. One of my favorite stories regarding this movie involves Rosemary Clooney - who sings "That Old Feeling" onscreen in the film. A buddy of mine was meeting Ms. Clooney via work and asked me if I had anything I wanted her to autograph. Of course, I did: my Radioland Murders poster! So, he took it and faithfully rolled out the poster infront of her when he met her. When he asked her to sign it for me, she replied, "I don't think I was in that movie." My friend smiled and said, "If Chris says you were in this movie, trust me. You were in this movie." Clooney smiled and said, "Oh, that's right. I sang." And she promptly signed the poster.

Here's the trailer...




IMDB.com Entry on Radioland Murders: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110939/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1


Special Thanks again to our friends at GasHouseRadio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment